If you've been feeling depressed, lonely, or bored lately, consider giving an hour or two of your life away each week - to a worthy cause. Volunteer. Why you should volunteer?
Following are some interesting things Gallup pollsters learned not too long ago about people who volunteer.
- 55% of Americans over age 14 (92 million people) volunteer some time to a worthy cause.
- 57% of volunteers are employed outside the home.
- Most volunteers donate one to three hours of time a week.
- Why people say they volunteer:
- they want to help others
- it's interesting and enjoyable
- it's a way to acquire new job skills
- it's an outlet for talents not used else where
The largest number of volunteers are involved in religious activities (37%), educational activities (23%), and health related activities (23%).
For now and always, Open your heart and "let go".